|Find a training and register:
||Virtual - 10 Sessions
|Why to Take This Course:
Be job reasy on Day 1 with ECBA+ (Entry Certificate in Business Analysis + Practicum). This comprehensive workshop will prepare you for the Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) exam and help you make the most of the limited study time you have. Plus, you will apply the BA concepts through a case study facilitated and evaluated by the instructor leading to ECBA+. The course is designed, created, and is taught by practicing Business Analysts, who have been trained by IIBA, to help others focus on the critical areas to study and to provide insights into the exam.
It is current with the framework of knowledge outlined by the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK® Guide) version 3.0.
|Learn How To:
Through this course, you will:
- Apply all the concepts of Business Analysis as per BABOK v3.0 in a project.
- Increase your confidence in applying the BA concepts on the job.
- Streamline the massive amounts of information required to pass the test.
- The small-class environment, group exercises, and hundreds of sample exam questions keep you engaged and aid in your retention and learning.
PROJECT WORK FOR ECBA+ will cover following modules:
Improve Business Analysis Performance
- Stimulate creative ideas and group interaction
- Build on collaboration skills
- Introduce improving business analysis performance as a goal
- Establish rhythm for subsequent modules
- Identify stakeholders and their characteristics
- Recognize tasks that are ongoing in nature
- Apply visualization (analytical thinking) as an underlying competency
- Acknowledge project risks associated with a failure to discover all stakeholders or to misunderstand key stakeholders
- Write user stories
- Express user concerns in a simple format that reflects value
- Introduce ‘current state’ and ‘future state’ as related tasks
- Take the first step towards identifying potential requirements
- Encourage going back to source material
- Communicate research results
- Characterize agile business analysis
Confirm Stakeholder Needs
- Interact with those who do the work
- Test previously unconfirmed statements
- Discover new stakeholder information
- Show how assessing existing limitations leads to a deeper analysis of the current state
Explore Supply-Chain Relationships
- Explain how viewpoints are different from views
- Associate work with ‘Suppliers’ providing inputs, and ‘Customers’ getting outputs
- Model process flows to identify activities, handoffs, and decision points
- Look at business analysis as ‘work’
- Understand types of decision-making
- Identify key terms and statements of fact
- Write well-constructed business rules
- Explain the difference between business rules and requirements
- Verify and validate requirements
Manage Business Terms and Data Elements
- Compile business terms from user stories, business rules, other sources
- Identify data elements
- Specify data formats and acceptable values
- Trace requirements that implement rules
Follow the Flow
- See how data flow is different from process flow
- Think broadly about using data
- Grasp terminology for analyzing data
- Model high-level views of data entering and leaving a system (context)
- Break down lower-level views of data within a system (transformation)
- Accurately maintain requirements
Narrow Scope and Strategy for Change
- Confirm gaps in current capability
- Explore risks in possible approaches
- Consider value of automating certain functions
- Reinforce underlying competencies
Create User Interface
- Understand the difference between a process flow and an activity
- Look at process through the user’s eyes
- Visualize goals in a system for many users
- Create a user interface for handling data
- Document detailed solution requirements
||To help assimilate the tools and techniques learned, there is a mixture of various kinds of exercises throughout the course. A lively role play and case study help reinforce concepts learned. Students will need to be prepared for a high level of participation. Each participant will receive a comprehensive student guide complete with examples and workshop solutions.
|Who Should Attend:
- Those who have earned ECBA or higher certification based on BABOK v3 and want to develop practical BA skills in a simulated environment.
||There are no prerequisites for this course, but some experience on defining requirements will be useful.
|What You Will Receive:
Both our Traditional and Virtual classes use the same materials:
- A Comprehensive and well rounded case study having a blend of IT and domain.
- Feedback on every module.
- ECBA+ Certificate from IIBA.
|Find a training and register: