Business analysis is about identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems. Business Analysts function like a trusted business advisor that has the responsibility for investigating business situations, identifying and evaluating options for improving business systems, defining requirements and ensuring the effective use of information systems in meeting the needs of the business.
Business Analysis encompasses requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management, where
- Requirements elicitation is the process of discovering, reviewing, documenting, and understanding the user's needs and constraints for the system.
- Requirements analysis is the process of refining the user's needs and constraints.
- Requirements specification is the process of documenting the user's needs and constraints clearly and precisely.
- Requirements verification is the process of ensuring that the system requirements are complete, correct, consistent, and clear.
- Requirements management is the process managing the changes in the requirements and maintaining them throughout the development lifecycle.
The Business Analysis and Requirement Engineering Courses provided are: